"Are you having trouble sleeping at night?
If so, here are some things for you to try to help you get a better night's sleep.
▪ Don't...exercise intensely in the evening. This will increase cortisol and keep
▪ Don't...go to bed angry. Resolve your differences before going to bed. Or at
least make a conscious agreement that says you are not going to resolve
this right now and table the discussion until tomorrow.
▪ Don't...have too much Vitamin C in the evening. It may have a stimulating effect.
▪ Don't...drink caffeine after noon. Caffeine has a long half life and may keep you
awake at night.
▪ Don't...eat late in the evening. It's okay to have a small protein snack before
bed like peanut butter toast.
▪ Do...take a bath with some epsom salts and essential oil of lavendar.
▪ Do...drink some calming herbal tea like Sleepytime or Chamomile.
▪ Do...take some deep breaths and meditate before bed.
There are many reasons why you might not be sleeping. You may want to get some blood work and check your adrenals to evaluate cortisol levels to see if
those are contributing factors to why you aren't able to fall asleep or sleep well
throughout the night.
Memory problems and mood disorders are two major symptoms of sleep deprivation. Sleep is also good for your immune system. So get some sleep!"